Re: [CQ-Contest] All Asian DX and self-spotting

To: XV4Y <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] All Asian DX and self-spotting
From: rin JG1VGX <jg1vgx@jarl.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:35:45 +0900
Hi Yannick,

I'm nothing to do with JARL, but our national society is somewhat
mediocre in all those respects.
I don't think they intend to be "open" about self-spotting and other
unsportsman-like conducts, but they simply don't know what the problem
is and how to deal with them in the rules.

I suggest you to post your opinion directly to JARL contest committee
(mail: contest at  jarl.or.jp) in plain English.
I'm sure they would be more than happy to receive those opinions and
will take them seriously.

73 rin JG1VGX

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM, XV4Y <xv4y@nature-mekong.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow contesters,
>
> Yesterday I was using the DX Cluster (DXWatch website) to do some statistics
> and check the best time for propagation.
> I found that some participants have been self-spotting.
> I had a look in the rules
> (http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-3_Contests/2013AA_rule.htm) and
> it seems there are no expressed rules against self-spotting...
>
> Does someone know the exact position of the JARL contest committee on this
> topic ?
> I thought self-spotting was not considered as a sign of good manner and was
> banned from all contests.
> I am surprised JARL seems "open" to this...
>
> 73,
> Yan.
> ---
> Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y