Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules for 2013 Announced

To: "'VE5ZX'" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rules for 2013 Announced
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 14:29:19 -0700
The "first 24 hours" was added to clarify which 24 hours will be scored when
the log has more than 24 hours of QSOs.

No change was made to the operator's choice of which 24 hours to operate.
The operator can start at 0000z Sunday and operate the last 24 hours of the
48-hour contest period.  Or, an hour on followed by an hour off repetitively
for the entire 48-hour contest period.  The operator is free to choose any
form of 24 hours operating time, constrained only by 60-minute off-times
between the first and last QSO.

Ed W0YK

Glenn VE3DX wrote:
> That just means I will operate the contest the way I feel, log the qsos
and forget about submitting them ...

Doug W3CF wrote:
> We may want to rethink this "First 24". How about folks of Jewish faith
that cant get on till sundown Saturday?? Just my .02.