[CQ-Contest] Vic - N4XR

To: "CQ Contesting Reflector" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Vic - N4XR
From: "Dick Pechie" <KB1H@ct.metrocast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:36:40 -0400
Hello,

Some of you may recognize the call sign N4XR or even more HH2VP.  Vic has been
a prominent person in early contesting and DXing.

I recently received the email below from Vic’s daughter Barb.

It’s tough to have been so active and communitcated over many years with
friends around the world and suddenly be shut off.

Take a look at your logs. If you have every had a QSO with N4XR or HH2VP maybe
you could confirm again that QSO and have Vic a reason to “check the mail “
again.

Sooner or later we will all get old and maybe also looking for that old spark
of a distant QSO.

The nurse at Victor's home has informed me that he hangs out when the mail
comes in every day to see if he gets any.  He doesn't.

If you all could occasionally drop him a postcard or something, it would be
great.  Keep in mind he probably doesn't know who you are, sad to say, he just
likes to get mail with his name on it.  (He used to read every morsel of junk
mail he received, although he didn't know what it was.  But since we moved,
that source has dried up.)

Victor Paounoff
Morningside of Cookeville
Room 103