[CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - Saturday
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:35:05 -0400 (EDT)
The 2013 Ohio QSO Party will take place Saturday  from 1600z to 0400z
Sunday. As always, we will have a good crew of mobiles out  there to augment a
lot of home stations. Lots of activity to be  had!

Quick start guide: 80 - 10 meters, SSB/CW (no digital), multipliers  by
mode (88 counties x 2 = 176 possible).  Exchange serial number &  QTH.

Full rules, awards, planned activity, etc., at    www.ohqp.org

OhQP web guy K9TM has developed a cool new web submission  app. Upload your
log at the OhQP web site (in much the same manner as for the  NCJ
contests), where it is checked for proper format, and you immediately get  back
copy of your log as received by the robot, score calculation (claimed,  but not
checked), list of multipliers worked, etc. If for no other reason, get
into the OhQP just to check this out.

Contests such as the OhQP are a  great introduction to contesting for
newcomers and newcomers to contesting. We  have lots of people for whom it will
be a big thrill to have people answering a  CQ, or to work a whole bunch of
"rare" states or DX that to us serious guys is  everyday. Don't hesitate to
call "CQ Ohio", especially on SSB and on the high  bands. Your presence will
be appreciated!

I hope to hear and work lots of  you on Saturday!

73  -  Jim    K8MR