Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: NILs hurt

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: NILs hurt
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 22:07:41 +0300
> If I do not get a solid acknowledgement from another
>> station in a contest, I DELETE the ENTRY in my logging
>> program.
>>

> Unless there is somewhat strong evidence to question the contact, I trust
> my first instinct and keep the Q in the log.  I have no desire to "teach a
> lesson" by generating a NIL in a fellow contesters log.
>
> 73, de Hans, K0HB

I am lost here.
What will the guy learn if his call is removed from the log without any
communication?

All he will see is somebody is a no-good operator.
99.6% or so of his checked QSO lines are found in logs but there are some
that are NILs.

What did the guy learn?
What was the lesson teached?

All I see there is blunt rudeness and unsportsmanship by the individual
removing the QSO line without communications of the unsure QSO.
In case something is so wrong you decide the QSO did not happen - please -
call again.

73,
Jukka OH6LI