Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

To: ve4xt@mymts.net, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 18:45:27 +0300
Kelly et al,
If I am not drastically mistaken, the original KB3LIX scenario was in case
the running station does not acknowledge in the way the S&P pleases, the
S&P simply removes the QSO from his log and tunes on.
Leaving the -NIL victim unaware of his state. S&P calmly keeps on rolling
the VFO.

You refer to a scenario where the S&P station asks for a repeat, repeats or
otherwise fixes the QSO before leaving the frequency. The whole case
changes. Of course.

My addition would be, if needed, make another contact with the running
station without moving on.

But as HB wrote, teaching the running station a lesson like this, simply is
something also I would discourage people from doing. There would be no
lesson delivered. Nothing learned.

To me, that would not increase the Fun.

73,
Jukka OH6LI