Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 22:50:43 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I argue with them and won't let go till they work me or  absolutely
refuse to.  Usually they work me "again" to get rid of me.   I'm a small
signal station and S&P is my bread & butter and I need every  QSO I can
scrounge
up.  My rate is never so great that I can't take a bit  of time to duke it
out.  In any case, they're wasting more of their own  precious time than
mine.

A surprising number of contesters truly don't know about the  modern
approach to dupes, which is leave 'em in - the computers will catch them  and
there's no penalty as compared to the old paper logging days when dupe
checking
was an ordeal.  These folks aren't idiots, they're just behind the  times
and need their consciousness raised.

73,
Kermit (Ken) AB1J

In a message dated 9/5/2013 02:21:13 Coordinated Universal Time,