[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint this Saturday evening

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint this Saturday evening
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:05:21 -0500
Hello Contesters,

We would like to invite you to join us in the CW leg of the next North American Sprint, 0000-0359 UTC on Sun, Sept 8. (Sat Sept 7, local time) The novel format of having to QSY frequently takes some getting used to, but it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

The NA Sprint is sponsored by the National Contest Journal magazine, and complete rules can be found at this link:

http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.php

There are a number of resources available to help new sprinters get used to the format and improve their skills. For example, the Sprint Survival Web Page by N6TR provides some very useful tips and guidance on operating in the Sprint. K5TR has compiled some audio files of Sprint operating. W6SX presented a webinar about the Sprint entitled “How to Have Fun!,” and many other strategy and tip pages have been compiled by individuals and contest clubs. Check out the links below.

http://www.kkn.net/n6tr/sprint.html

http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/audio/sprint_practice/

http://pvrc.org/webinar/sprints.wmv

Once again, we hope you can join us, and we look forward to seeing your call sign in the list of scores soon!

73,

National Contest Journal