Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 1500 W output ... stop the limit :)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 1500 W output ... stop the limit :)
From: John Laney <k4bai@att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 08:24:48 -0400
I can tell you from this part of the world, from NQ4I, WW4LL, W4AN, and other multi ops are not exceeding 1500W output from the amplifiers. This is very closely monitored with an accurate wattmeter. This is true at most major home stations. I believe it is true for all the major multi op stations in the US and Canada. It is certainly true at all the Caribbean multi ops I have operated at including PJ2T, PJ4A, and PJ4Z.

It is amazing to me that in certain areas in Europe, primarily, not only do major contest stations openly break the 1.5 KW rule regularly, but the operators there project their rule-defying practices on the major contest operators in the rest of the world.

With malice toward none.  73, John, K4BAI.