[CQ-Contest] Welcome to CQP 2013!

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Welcome to CQP 2013!
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <ctate@ewnetinc.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:33:47 -0700
It is with great pleasure that I announce the 48th running of the California
QSO Party, "CQP 2013".

The Northern California Contest Club, In conjunction with the California QSO
Party committee would like to invite Amateur operators world wide to join in
the fun and excitement of what has progressed from a state QSO party to a fun
and challenging contest for all!

Its just a couple weeks away, with a running time of

October 5-6, 2013
1600 UTC Oct 5 to 2200 UTC Oct 6

More than just a state QSO party, this contest has reached maturity in 48 years
and boasts participation from many countries all over the world, in addition to
North American participants.  We hope you will be one of the competitors in CQP
2013!

Here is some useful contest information for the masses-

For folks who will be entering California to activate counties, please make
sure you register your county activation plans here:

http://www.cqp.org/cqp2013.html

You can view county activation status here:

http://www.cqp.org/Counties-Plan-2013.html

Counties are filling up fast, so dont delay, register your county activation
today!

Thanks to Bob, N6TV the California County Activation Coordinator.

-------------------------------------

There have been some minor rules changes, so don't forget to check out the
rules for CQP 2013 here:

http://www.cqp.org/Rules.html

Also, take a moment to enjoy newly compiled records for both California and Non
California stations.

view the California records here (new records tabulations for individual
counties are now included:

http://www.cqp.org/records/records-2012-ca.pdf

Records for Non-California, State/Province and Continental listed here

http://www.cqp.org/records/records-2012-nonca-a.pdf

thanks to Dean N6DE for doing the footwork in researching and organizing the
results.

--------------------------------------
AWARDS..  We have an amazing and fully sponsored set of Lumber awards that can
be competed for. Ceritifcates of achievements are available online to all.
Additionally we offer our world famous Wine awards for the top 20 California
and Non-California single Op winners courtesy of Twisted Oak Winery owner and
NCCC Contester Jeff Stai, WK6I.

Check out the awards section at:

http://www.cqp.org/Awards.html
--------------------------------------
And when your done, dont forget to order our now world famous CQP shirts, thay
mysteriously change colors every year.

make sure you place your order for your 2013 CQP shirt from shirts@cqp.org and
include your sizes and quantities for each size (M/L/XL/XXL), then

Send payment, $15 ($20 for DX entries), either via PayPal [using this email
address: paypal@nccc.cc ] -- or a check to: NCCC, Tom Epperly, NS6T; 5318
Starflower Way; Livermore, CA 94551.

So lets get this 2013-2014 contest season started California Style!  We look
forward to hearing you all on the air for the Mother of all QSO Parties... CQP

73 and good luck!
Chris
N6WM
Contest Manager