[CQ-Contest] SS CW -- Winnipeg, ho! (K3KU)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS CW -- Winnipeg, ho! (K3KU)
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:54:51 -0400
Seeing J's VY1JA update for SS CW posted here tells me that it's time to
make my own announcement.  (Glad to have you back, J.  We'll be looking for
you.)
K3KU will not be in SS CW 2013 (Gasp!!).  After missing the MB multiplier
too many times, I developed a pipe dream of activating the Section.  I
contacted VE4EA, a CW-friendly contester not (yet) active in SS.  I will be
visiting Cary for an SS CW Multi-Low effort at his station, perhaps
including some other Winnipeg hams.

This will probably be a one-radio plus packet operation.  The antennas are
a tribander and modest low-band wire(s).  Cary already has a lot of basic
station setup to do (moving the shack to a different room), he has a very
busy work/travel schedule until then, and I don't have any good ideas for
how profitably to use a second radio absent full integration (second
computer, networked, and a bunch of antenna switching).  I'll be happy to
hear suggestions.

My approach, as always, is "Tune for maximum fun."  Cary has been eying
some M-L records.  I think we'll be able to do both.  So tweak your ears
(or your skimmers or whatever) and listen for us calling CQ.  Look for the
modest signal with the big pileup.  Give us a call, and we'll try to put MB
in your bag.

73, Art K3KU