Re: [CQ-Contest] Ethics of operating overtime in SS

To: "'Radio K0HB'" <kzerohb@gmail.com>, "'Art Boyars'" <artboyars@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ethics of operating overtime in SS
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:01:10 -0400
Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.

For all contests I know that have limited time of operation (SS, WPX), the log
checking will calculate the operating time and stop scoring when you reach the
limit.  There is nothing wrong with operating beyond the time limit -- it just
doesn't help your score.

I usually operate an extra 5-10 minutes in Sweepstakes just to make sure that I
got my full 24 hours of allowed operation.

Randy, K5ZD