[CQ-Contest] Yaesu WILL DO SO2R

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu WILL DO SO2R
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:35:55 +0700
As an owner of a Yaesu FT-9000d transceiver, I can report definitively that
the ONE rig WILL DO SO2R.

The menu has a selection #177 to switch into "full duplex operation" as the
instruction book lists it.  It also uses the term "SO2R" in describing the
feature.  Page 49,

Please do not write me declaring that this radio will not do this;  I just
did it.

The details are described in the book.  One can SIMULTANEOUSLY
simultaneously transmit and receive.  The limit is that the xmit band and
the receive band must be different;  no duplex on the same band.  The book
is very careful to warn the user to limit the RF from the transmitter going
into the duplex-activated receiver input.  Unusual level of detail for
instruction books today, the Yaesu book even states the input limit should
be "10mW or less."  The book also gives detailed examples showing a full
understanding of SO2R.

I hope QST did not publish a retraction, because the review of this rig was
correct to begin with.

Charly, HS0ZCW