Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW

To: James Cain <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LotW
From: Steve Sacco NN4X <nn4x@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:39:11 -0500
Hi Jim -

Well, it IS called "Logbook of the World" - to me, that includes date/time, and multiple contacts. Otherwise, "Dupe Sheet of the World" would have been a more accurate name. :-)

Honestly, data storage is cheap, and having as much log information as possible would make it an incredibly valuable asset, not just for awards, but as a historical record of activity and propagation. Wouldn't it be fantastic to have access to W6AM's logs, or W2PV's, or W2GL's, or W9KNI's, or KH6IJ's, or any number of others - dare I suggest W1AW even - from days past?

If I was King of LotW, I'd work towards positioning it as "LaaS" - Logging as a Service - as it were. Consolidate everyone - from all countries and contests - into LotW.

But, hey,  that's just me.

Back to playing in the 160M contest.  :-)

73,
Steve
NN4X