Re: [CQ-Contest] Programmers,,,,,

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Programmers,,,,,
From: Charles Sanders <no5w.chuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:52:30 -0600
>Maybe in the next CQWW a giant gun station could record the whole
>contest, to use as the source of audio files?
I don't recall which "giant gun" station the recording came from but
several years ago Gary W5ZL(SK) and I used such a recording to build a SSB
Competition for the Austin Summerfest. The main labor, which Gary spent the
better part of a weekend doing, was tuning the band/recording listening to
the audio, using a Flex Radio and while doing this noting the calls heard
for use in the check file.

During the competition the audio was played into the same Flex Radio to
allow the competitor to tune through the band while typing calls into a
small application for scoring.

At the end of the event we both agreed that the small number of players we
attracted did not justify the amount of work he had put into it. After that
we went back to CW pileup competitions using the much simpler KCDXC
approach to constructing the audio from a known set of calls.

73/Chuck/NO5W