Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio

To: Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Stew Perry Streaming Audio
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 05:23:54 -0600
Eric,

You made it clear what you were doing, and I am quite sure Clive understood.  I
think the logic behind his question has to do with whether it is within the
spirit of the contest -  especially this one.  Let's say, as a result of the
announcement or advertisement , 15 DX stations and 25 USA stations who are not
even going to send in their log called you, just for fun and the novelty of it,
so they could listen to their own signal at your end via Internet.

What if some have enough QRM or QRN that they could only copy whether you came
back to them by listening via internet? Fair to your competitors?

It is cool, but I've always had a problem with this, regardless of what contest.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad