Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 17:30:05 -0800
OK - what contest has a level playing field.  We can then change them all to
that format.  73
Tom W7WHY

Al said:

Having said that, I understand Jeff's frustration about the level  playing
field.  However, I don't think a bunch of new categories is the  answer with
one exception.  Some kind of recognition on a regional  basis does make
sense.  As I looked at the 3830  results yesterday, some of he top stations
had
well over 200 QS and 40  multipliers on 10 meters.  That is simply not
possible from certain areas  of the country. My main motivation in NAQP is
competing against myself and  a few other contesters in my area of the
country.
It doesn't show up in  the results but the bragging rights are still there,
nevertheless.

So, in my opinion, some kind of regional recognition does make sense.   But
separate categories for assistance, SO2R, tri-bander / wires, etc, high
power, etc. - I would say no.

73,

Al, K0AD

In a message dated 1/12/2014 5:47:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,