[CQ-Contest] BCQP 2014 -- 1600z Feb 1 to 0400z Feb 2

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] BCQP 2014 -- 1600z Feb 1 to 0400z Feb 2
From: Rebecca Kimoto <bcqp@orcadxcc.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 15:01:12 -0800
Hello everyone,

Rebecca VA7BEC here, contest coordinator for the British Columbia QSO Party.

First, let me wish you all a very happy new year -- a little late, but it’s
still January. :) Hope 2014 brings good band openings when you need them and
provides lots of contesting fun.

BCQP 2014 is just around the corner!

Key Details

Date/Time: 1600z Feb 1 to 0400z Feb 2.

Objective: BC stations can contact anyone anywhere. Stations outside BC must
catch the attention of BC stations.

Exchange: Stations outside BC give RS(T) + state/province. BC stations will
give RS(T) + three-letter code representing the federal electoral district in
BC.

New in 2014

The plaque program has been expanded!! There are now seven sponsored categories:

Top Score BC, Top Score Canada outside BC, Top YL Score, Top Score USA, Most
Federal Electoral Districts Worked, Top Rookie (new) and Top DX (new).

As always, we have lovely photo-based certificates for top scores by stations
in BC and outside BC in all categories.

Rules and tools, including multiplier list and an at-a-glance summary of
same-day events and their respective exchanges, and examples of the lovely
photo-based certificates and plaques are available for viewing from links on
the BCQP page of the Orca DXCC website. Go to http://www.orcadxcc.org/bcqp.html

There's lots of activity the Feb 1-2 weekend, which means plenty of Q potential
on phone, CW and digital. From a British Columbia perspective, participation
from everyone everywhere is absolutely welcome. Even if the BCQP is not your
target contest of the weekend, if you hear a BC station calling CQ BCQP, please
drop by. If one of the other QSO parties is your focus and you are in the host
state, BC stations will be able to trade a Q with you. Participants in the
10-10 contest or even XE RTTY can also benefit from a trade. It’s a win-win
situation for all events on the air.

I’ll be running the sponsor call VA7ODX on SSB. Hope to hear you.

73,

Rebecca VA7BEC

Orca DXCC, Contest Coordinator, BCQP