Re: [CQ-Contest] Why I ignore "NA EU" etc

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why I ignore "NA EU" etc
From: "PA5MW, Mark" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:06:47 +0100
Oh there is a few good reasons here from EU why some refuse to respond to these 'discussions';

- Our critical input often does not appear here
- Whatever diplomacy used, as soon as we seem to *touch someones personal toy-preference* we get bad mouthed by US hams, describing our view as the worst on the planet, calling us names etc. (that kind of content is NOT moderated by the way)
- Similar experiences was confirmed by others to me off-line

For me, I was able to put things back in sync positively with those via direct mail; there is no fulfillment in a maintaining a dispute, let alone calling names, ever. However, I do refrain from entering discussions where those few here who rule it all and are not willing to accept there are hams with a different opinion. Live and let live.

Rather go contesting.
Enjoyed a GREAT 160m CW  weekend.
Hope you all enjoyed it too.
73 Mark, PA5MW