[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine seeing the end of the tunnel

To: cq-contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine seeing the end of the tunnel
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:26:41 +0700
Hi,

I know this is a big out of topic, but as it was discussed before...

CQ Magazine expect mail delivery to be back to normal in March. Hopefully the
end of the tunnel.
Transitions are never simple. Printed press is having hard time in any country
and in for any subject.
"True journalism" has a cost, both in money and time, but internet gave the
fake impression you could have news cheaper and faster... not accounting on the
quality and accuracy of it.
Shrinking revenues from advertising and subscriptions. Raising costs with
printing and mailing.
CQ Magazine is engaged in reforming its model, and that's something we need to
acknowledge.

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/news/2014_02_attention_cq_subscriber.html

Perhaps now they have to realize that putting on a website an "online version"
of the printed issue does not really work.
News website that earn money online, and I'm talking about quality content and
journalism, always have a real "online format", not a quick adaptation.
First let them reduce the losses cutting in printed stuff, then we have to
encourage them to increase their revenues switching to a true internet format.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y