Re: [CQ-Contest] 10 Meter Sweeping Sounds?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 10 Meter Sweeping Sounds?
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 03:28:02 +0000
I have seen other reports of these over on the RFI reflector, but I have
not observed them until this evening.  That's not to say I've been watching
all that carefully other times tho.

Very visible on the Perseus sdr from before 0100 ut to past 033000 from 27
to almost 30 megs, using a 7 el 10m yagi at 150'.   From VE6, the signal
was only audible from 270 to 360 deg and  peaking broadly in the direction
of JA and BY etc.

The sweeps are always going down in frequency and are very random in their
timing, size and shape. Sorta sounds like a chorus of birds.   I see other
man made stuff periodically but these sure don't look repetitive enough to
be man made.  Meteor pings? receding so hence the downward shift from
doppler??  Sure has me curious!

I have made several spectral recordings and screen shots.  I'll upload them
on Flickr:  http://flic.kr/s/aHsjTXqrqz

73 Don
VE6JY