Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question
From: Eric Lowell <elowell@satnetmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 16:12:37 -0400
Tod,

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not, but I must say that this is not my impression at all.

I use a Flex 3000 for my single op pursuits and it does more than I could ask for in my contest ops.

My just previous contest radio was a TS 870, which I really enjoyed, but I find the 3000 offers equal or better RF performance for my uses, and certainly more flexibility of operating conveniences like filters, notches, displays and tuning options.

I guess it really boils down to personal preference, but I'll not be going back to a knob radio anytime soon.

73 from Maine, W1EL