[CQ-Contest] 2014 AQP

To: cQ-CONTEST@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2014 AQP
From: "KC4HW/Jim" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 07:11:07 -0500
Well I will be leaving the house in a few minute to start my 2014 AQP
Journey.  My route will take me over 350 miles (that is if I don't get
lost).

There are 12 mobiles in the event--tied for the most ever.  Some of
these folks as well as Fixed and Club station will be new to HF radio
and contesting, please try to make then feel welcome to this great
segment of our hobby.  If you run across a slow (like me) CW op,
please nuture their desire to participate in this element of our hobby.

It looks like all counties will be active, so perhaps you can be first to
win the Worked All Counties plaque--no one has won it before!  BTW,
there are 21 total plaques that will be award for DX, US and Alabama
stations.

If you are planning to operate in the AQP this year, then I truly
appreciate your participation and support.

Again thanks!  After operating, please send us your log!

Take care es 73

Jim/KC4HW
Alabama Contest Group
Alabama QSO Party