Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R or FD antenna separation dple / vert

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R or FD antenna separation dple / vert
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 16:29:44 -0400
Igor's probably right, but why take a chance, at least until you have tested? One way to be certain is to cobble up a series light bulb receiver protector, and put it in the RX OUT/RX IN loop which most rigs now have. Then all you have to do is be sure that RX antenna is selected and watch the bulb. There's an article at <http://pvrc.org/~n4zr/Articles/Simple%20Protection%20for%20the%20Fledgling%20SO2R%20Station.pdf> that explains how to size the bulb to protect the little-bitty resistors in most radios' front-end attenuators.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.