[CQ-Contest] MorseRunner under Windows 8.1

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MorseRunner under Windows 8.1
From: John Kuklewicz N7ZN <kukl@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:42:41 -0700
Has anyone been able to get MorseRunner working under Windows 8 or 8.1?

I recently had to go to a new machine running Windows 8.1
MorseRunner installs and appears to function, but cannot store any
'received' information.

I 'RichEdit line insertion error'
I communicated with the program's author, Alex VE3NEA, and he writes
that he can no longer compile the program, so no further development is
likely (or possible without heroic measures - my interpretation).

Anyone have any suggestions? Either some trick to get this program
working, or a newer program that provides similar functionality?

Thank you and 73

John N7ZN