Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Log checking reports

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Log checking reports
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:25:50 -0600
On 8/2/2014 08:15, Ward Silver wrote:
The LCRs were not there last night.  I checked before posting my
comment.  Guess this thread got them moving.
Barry W2UP
I hate to bust the collective bubble of self-importance but the ARRL
staff is not sitting around painting their toenails while keeping an
eye on cq-contest to see what people are complaining about.
"Uh-oh...guess we'd better take a look for those LCRs!"

Um, no.  The volunteers and paid staff have been doing the best they
can with limited resources in the face of some significant tool
problems (that are being addressed, but slowly).  In addition, this
may come as a rude surprise, but there are other programs at the ARRL
that the majority of members perceive as having a higher priority than
contest results.  I know...what COULD they be thinking :-)

Snarky sarcasm aside...W1MSW and his cohorts are doing the best they
can and completing the published data set is right at the top of the
list.  While no good deed goes unpunished, let's take a deep breath,
get on the air, and distract ourselves by making QSOs.  The NAQP
starts in a few hours, for example.

73, Ward N0AX

OK, must have been coincidence that they just showed up...
And I agree with Ed Sawyer's comments about ARRL.
73,
Barry W2UP