Re: [CQ-Contest] Overdue research on equatorial propagation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Overdue research on equatorial propagation
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:59:39 -0400
Well, one major tool in such research could be the RBN. Currently, it is an overwhelmingly northern hemisphere resource. We have Skimmers in VU, 9V, and southwestern China, but nothing to speak of in equatorial Africa and South America. Our efforts to fill the gap in Africa were focused, unfortunately, in an area that has other things on its mind, and we have not found much interest in Latin America. If anyone out there would be interested in establishing RBN nodes in East Africa or South America, we'd love to hear from them. It doesn't have to be an expensive undertaking - we can show you how.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.