Re: [CQ-Contest] Question

To: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 08:32:14 -0500
In SS, at least, working yourself is not allowed.

You are not an "other" station. Rules of SS specifically state the objective is
working as many OTHER stations as possible. (Emphasis added.)

Further, most rules specify credit is given only for two-way contacts. Can you
have a two-way with yourself? Can you exhale and inhale at once?

If the goal is to stay onside with the rules, you need to find a contest with
these loopholes remaining open, by not specifying either two-way contacts or by
not specifying working other stations.

By the way, I tend to lean more towards Hans' rule about if it's not
prohibited, it's mandatory.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad