[CQ-Contest] Gail K2RED leaves CQ Communications

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Gail K2RED leaves CQ Communications
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 21:31:12 -0400
This is bad news for every CQ Contest Director and for all contestants who like to see their score in the right place and correct.

I had helped Don N4IN(SK) with the CQ 160 Contests for almost 6 years when Al K2EEK (SK) called in early 1992 and informed me that Don had become a silent Key. The first person Al told me to get to know Was Gail the managing editor of CQ. Gail helped the Contest Directors get their scores in correctly and even edited our write up. I quickly found that CQ used Macs not Microsoft PCs (Most magazines did) so she gave me a list of special characters to use in our scores and had the patience to work with me to get everything right.

I just hope CQ finds someone with the dedication that Gail displayed for over 3 decades.

Good luck and 88 from at least one fan.

73 Dave K4JRB
Retired CQ 160 Contests Director