[CQ-Contest] Feld Hell "Spooky Sprint" Saturday, October 18, 2000-2200Z

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Feld Hell "Spooky Sprint" Saturday, October 18, 2000-2200Z
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:12:11 -0400
The Feld Hell Club International cordially invites all Contest Operators to partake of their Monthly Sprints. This month's event is called the "Spooky Sprint" because all non-WARC bands are permitted, EXCEPT for 20 meters. 20 meters is one of the more popular bands for contesting, and for the Feld Hell Sprints.

For full details of this event see
https://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/Home/contests/sprints/spooky-sprint
if the above gets truncated in transmission, this small url should work
http://goo.gl/ykrhQx

The above give me a great segue into a "different kind of pseudo-contest) There's an impending trip to Hell (Michigan) to run Feld Hell (Hellschreiber) on Saturday, October 18. A bunch of us nuts... errr.. operators will invade 8045 Silver Hill Road, Hell, MI 48169 and attempt to operate Feld Hell from 1400Z to 2259Z, including the above Spooky Sprint. We will be using W1AW/8 MI as part of Michigan's ARRL Centennial (Sort of) Contest.

Yes, Matilda, there IS an unincorporated Wide Spot in the road just north of Ann Arbor which has called itself "Hell" since the mid to late 1800s.

And, there ARE contest aspects to the ARRL Centennial celebration, including a "leader board" for the top number of Q's with W1AW/portables, and another "leader board" for working the highest number of points gleaned from Members, appointees, elected Officials, and HQ employees.

I've received a scant number of <flames> when advertising the above "HELLexpdition" on some reflectors primarily devoted to contesting. The complaint is that that the the Centennila QSO Party is NOT a "Real" contest because we're allowed to use WARC bands. I'm not about to quibble with the "Great gods @ 225 Newington" and the wisdom of the Board of Directors, but quite a few people are treating working W1AW/portables and ARRL personnel as a contest.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Feld Hell Member # 0640
ARRL Past Section Communications Manger (OHIO) 1974-1978
Participant in a few contests now and then, usually with 5 watts or less
AND Going to Hell (Hopefully NOT in a Hearse nor a Hand Basket) on October 18 to Operate Feld Hell as W1AW/8, before, during and after the Spooky Sprint