Re: [CQ-Contest] Crimea, Taiwan and CQWW

To: Tonno Vahk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Crimea, Taiwan and CQWW
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 05:14:13 +0400
In the current situation, the proposal presented by Tonno and others is
probably the best comprise we can achieve right now.

There is a risk that both Ukrainian and Russian hams with too much
political focus from either side will disagree about this proposal, but in
my view, it is something they need to accept if they believe more in Ham
Spirit than the political megaphones on either side.

What we gain by using this compromize is the following:

No single contester will be placed in the dark outside the competition.

Despite global political failure to deal with a messy situation in Ukraine,
the Ham Community has shown at least some progressive thinking to let hams
in a debatable territory still be part of our international community, and
not like CQ Magazine wanted - to place them freezing alone outside in
Nomansterritory.

I might be blamed from either side of the emotional bunch for supporting
this proposal of Tonno and others.... but in the interest of true Ham
Spirit I am ready to still support. This is probably the only way to reach
a compromise.

I hope the CQ Magazine editors (supported by CQWW CC) realize this proposal
is far better than the irrational decision taken before.

73 de RM2D (SM6LRR)