Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Reconsiders Policy on Crimea in CQ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ Reconsiders Policy on Crimea in CQ
From: "Rich K2WR" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:45:56 -1000
It takes a lot of character to admit error.  I’m sure Dick and Rich felt they
were doing the right thing by taking a stand, but the result was not what very
many wanted, and also unfairly penalized the totally innocent.  So, in my view,
the new policy (and that of the ARRL) does not register approval or disapproval
of the current situation in Crimea, it just leaves it alone for others to sort
out.  Now we can all go back to worrying about solar flux and whose antenna is
bigger than whose.  Less than 72 hours to go now.

Rich K2WR