Re: [CQ-Contest] ONE radio, two operators??

To: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ONE radio, two operators??
From: Bob Kupps via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:41:32 -0700
Heh I too was a bit amazed at seeing the picture of K8AZ in a CQ WW write up
with a run station, a multiplier hunting station and two more spotting
stations. My hat is off to them though - most radiosport (except the WRTC) has
always been a blend of station and op capability. I bet it doesn't make a huge
difference in the score though.

The nice thing about this category IMO is that multiplier hunting stations
allow ops who are novice contesters exposure and experience in big contests
from big stations without the pressure and skill set of running.

I also applaud the CQ contest committee for creating the M/S LP category to
give stations in countries not allowed to run 1500 watts a level playing field.
Now if they would only give other big continents a level playing field with NA
it will be a perfect world.

73 Bob HS0ZIA