Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: [multipsk] EURAO Party - Dec 20/21 2014: be di

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Re: [multipsk] EURAO Party - Dec 20/21 2014: be digital, explore 30m
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:19:59 -0600
That what I meant. I hope I did not come across as promoting this. I'd like to stop it any way possible.

But How?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 11/18/2014 11:00 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
Joe,
IMHO, based on the description of this "operating event" included, and applying the theory of "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck, eats like a duck, quacks like a duck and flies luck a duck, then it's not a marlin" It's a contest. It may be a "low key" event like many state QSO parties, but it's a contest. It's a bad idea to do this on 30 meters, and I'd bet even money that the organizers know this, or they wouldn't take such pains to tell everyone that it's NOT a contest.

That all said... I'm not sure what we, as part of the contesting community, can
do about this.  Certainly we don't need to promote it.  But outside of
distancing ourselves from this event... although the contest community will get
blamed anyway... and telling the organizers that this is a bad idea (a
suggestion which, I suspect, they will be pre-disposed to reject), I'm not sure
what other actions we can take.
73, ron w3wn