[CQ-Contest] Low carb contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Low carb contesting
From: Bob Kupps via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 16:42:20 -0800
Hi since joining my high school ham pals for FD at N6VW/MM last June I have
been on a low carb diet. Besides now weighing less than when I graduated with
them 42 years ago and sporting a 6 pack for the very first time I noticed a
huge improvement in my BIC stamina during the recent CQ WW tests. Even
suffering with a FT450D rx with no CAT I was able to stay focused and motivated
for hours on end without my usual discomfort. I even stayed unusually calm as
my frequency was stolen, IZ4s called out of order, and green multipliers QSYed
or faded into the chaos. I'll never be like that kid who never even stood up
for 24 hours in the WRTC but it was a dramatic and unexpected improvement for
me. 73 and hope to work you QRP in the ARRL 10m.

Bob HS0ZIA