[CQ-Contest] Fur re WRTC 18 Qualifying

To: wrtc2018@lists.wrtc2018.de, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fur re WRTC 18 Qualifying
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 06:13:04 -0500
Mats,

The difference was that for WRTC2014 the contests more popular (or
restricted) regionally were credited or advantaged for qualifying purposes
only to competitors located in those areas -- SS, NAQP, NA Sprint and
Oceania DX did NOT count outside their areas of concentrated activity.
Similarly, ARRL DX was valued more for US/VE participants than for others.
This worldview focus is healthy for nudging WRTC growth toward a more truly
worldwide event.  Looking outward geographically as well as
demographically. The great activity and growth in EU is appropriately
recognized with more teams from EU than from any other geographic area
(including NA), but how about focusing on possible ways to increase
participation from South America, Africa, Oceania, and especially the
technology hotbeds of Asia?

I do look forward to observing a great WRTC2018 in Germany. Hopefully the
2018 event will strengthen the basis for more events in the follow-on years
with even greater participation.

73,  Dave K3ZJ