[CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 11:17:05 -0500
Just to be clear on this particular entry.  It was a German guest op at an
otherwise empty M/M superstation.

KC1XX       2481 QSO confirmed 2013

I have operated WAE more than once and won North America Low Power one year.
There are virtually NO multi ops competing from NA and the activity is not
comparable to CQWW, ARRL DX, or WPX from NA.

It's a great contest, very fun, but not even on the radar of probably every
NA contestant in the 2014 WRTC.

I completely accept the German sponsoring hosts right to set the qualifying.
But lets call a spade a spade folks.  When WAE and RDX are "forced contests"
on the W/VE crowd and we are merging Assisted and Unassisted in some of the
largest worldwide contests (CQ WW and WPX where after long debate they
REMAINED separate categories), there is a clear agenda being brought forward
here that is beyond the WRTC.  I fault no one for it, but lets not kid
ourselves that its there.

I personally have already made summer plans and a March business trip that
kill both WAE contests and RDX for me in 2015.  As a famous ballplayer used
to say - it was over before it started.  So count me out on this one.  I
doubt that I am alone.

I will still enjoy competing seriously in the WAE contests as I have done
before.  I have never seriously competed in RDX.  I doubt many if any
serious NA contenders have either.

73

Ed  N1UR