Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Fwd: 19th Stew Perry Top Band DX Challange

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Topband: Fwd: 19th Stew Perry Top Band DX Challange
From: Lew Sayre <w7ew@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 00:30:07 -0800
Hi Jim and interested parties,
   The answer to your question resides here  in the Rules section-
http://www.kkn.net/stew/
Please read rule six a dozen times or so. You'll get a flavor of what The
Boring Amateur Radio
Club's attitude is toward technological help, regarding The Stew Perry Top
Band DX Challenge.
     We prefer, that in The Stew Perry Challenge, emphasizing wetware over
software makes for a better
experience, much the way Stew Perry himself operated.
     It is my personal opinion, perhaps not that of all The Boring Amateur
Radio Club, that rule 6 of our contest is probably
one of the more major reasons our contest is not listed as counting toward
qualifying for WRTC 2018. We hold absolutely
no rancor toward our German friends for this slight, as we understand that
it is their turn to make the rules however they wish
to determine the contestants for their WRTC.
      If utilizing skimmers, packet nodes, remote HAARP stations or Ouija
boards makes your contesting experience better than the best thing you
know, then please show maturity and gonadal gumption and submit your entry
as a checklog when participating in
The Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge.
      Besides, clicking and dumping sounds like some sort of biologic, not
radio activity.
   Thank you.
   73 and I remain,
   Lew   w7ew