Re: [CQ-Contest] The Insanity of Cut Numbers in Serial Number Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Insanity of Cut Numbers in Serial Number Contests
From: Gary Sutcliffe <w9xt@unifiedmicro.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:19:27 +0000
I find it frustrating too. When I get get cut numbers in a serial number I take an extra second or two minimum to make sure I entered it correctly. Certainly that negates any time savings gained in sending cut numbers.

The example below sending A4NT instead of 1490 is bad enough, but when they try to cut the other numbers I am never sure and ask again.

It is only a symbolic gesture, but if I am running assisted and S&Ping, I will never spot a station sending cut serial numbers.

--
Gary, W9XT
www.w9xt.com