Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?

To: "Mike Cotton" <k4rum.mike@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?
From: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:22:37 -0700
I do most all my contesting on 160 Meters where a significant amount of the contacts are with folks running low power to their 'bed springs'.

Invariably, I will work for 1, 2 or even 3 minutes to pull out a weak one, AND IT IS A DUPE!!!!

In the recent ARRL 160 contest I had one station (a weak one; he never got his amp turned on) who called in FOUR times.

As expressed by Mike below, I guess it goes with the territory. I just go ahead and log them and carry on. Not much else one can do.

73, and Merry Christmas to all.

Milt, N5IA, and operator of N7GP

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Cotton