Re: [CQ-Contest] Another question about remote DX-peditions

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another question about remote DX-peditions
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:25:05 -0500
Hi Art,

I kinda don't understand your VE4VTR/K3KU QSO question?  If both were live
and not remote, what is the issue?

Now, the question was, for DCC Credit, if you are operating a DXpedition
remotely (in fact, any station remotely) and, at the same time, you have a
transceiver with antennas at your control site,
under the new DXCC rules, this would count as a valid QSO, as long as RF
transmitted by the remote was received on a receiver at the control QTH.
I do not think their is any current rule preventing you from being the
operator at both ends... Maybe that will come.

Of course, to make the QSO count, the control operator must be licensed in
both entities.  What that means today varies based on the remote entity.

The interesting point here is, since this is a contesting reflector, is
that I think that in some contests, you cannot be an operator at more than
one station in the same contest.
(Though not many).  They would have to make a new rule if you were the same
operator in the same QSO!  Until such a rule is written, it's "legal".

73, Gerry W1VE/VE1RM