Re: [CQ-Contest] Who is whining, and why?

To: "'Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA'" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Who is whining, and why?
From: "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:36:46 -0800
My understanding of the reason CQP uses MAR as one multiplier is because
there are 58 CA counties as mults for out of state stations and with MAR as
one mult there are an equal 58 mults for in state stations. I sincerely
doubt any thought was given to the politics involved. Logically, since in
state and out of state stations don't compete against one another, there is
no reason to equalize mults, but that is just the way it is.

The bottom line is that it is the sponsor's stadium, the sponsor's football
and so the sponsors get to make the rules. If it were up to me, I'd maximize
the number of mults for every contest because it makes for more fun. But it
isn't up to me. While I agree with Mike's point as to the logic of making
the change as to the Maritime provinces, boycotting a contest you would
otherwise enjoy strikes me as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT