Re: [CQ-Contest] Popgun Sprint SSB thoughts

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Popgun Sprint SSB thoughts
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:57:17 -0800
Actually I found being second to have benefits. I found that everal BIG signals
would come back to my CQs, resulting in a lot of non-understandable QRM with
nothing to pick out. Then a weak station would come through immediately when
they finished. Of course the weak station, in the clear, or partially so, got
the ball. It took some time to figure this out, but after I did the contest got
a LOT more fun.

But oh boy getting that jump ball in the midst of the big boys sure was
difficult.

73!
Jack B, W6FB