Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operations

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operations
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:09:06 -0500
As long as the radio portion abides by the critical rules of all TX and RX
being in the same location, I think remote controlled contest stations are
great for the hobby allowing more interested people to join in the contest.
I also think that the licensing issues as people do so cross country
boundaries are not as simple as they currently would appear and that as this
method gains popularity, some details not conceived by national regulators
may be added that stop or ristrict the practice.  Things like CEPT come to
mind which assumed the amateur was IN the country and operating not dialing
up a remote station and using it from their homeland.  Also the lack of a
physical control operator isn't clear.  But those things will catch up over
time and get clarified globally I am sure.

Ed  N1UR