Re: [CQ-Contest] The REAL way remotes are used

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The REAL way remotes are used
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 00:33:07 +0700
I abhor trying to be ham radio police;  I am not even an OO.  However, I
can tell you I have been around with my silent presence listening to the
talk.  It is all there, and more than, say, ten per continent, excepting
Africa and Antarctica.  It is so easy to do.
BTW, after I got out of the hot competitive atmosphere of NA, now I say I
want everyone to have fun anyway they want....... Enjoy, 73  Charly

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
wrote:

> OK Charles...
>
> That's an interesting, if highly cynical, theory.
>
> You do have some proof that this is what was, and is, going on, isn't it?
>
> More importantly... how many hams... strike that.  How many active &
> competitive DX'ers and/or contesters are doing this?  A thousand?  A
> hundred?  A dozen?  One?
>
> Please cite sources.  Otherwise, with all due respect, this is all theory
> and speculation.
>
> Or to put it another way, it is certainly possible, and even probable,
> that this is going on to some degree.  Or will soon.  But before we break
> out the pitch forks, torches, tar & feathers, can we actually have some
> idea of what really is going on?
>
> 73, ron w3wn
>
> On 02/27/15, Charles Harpole wrote:
>
> -Early on, "x" years ago, stations could tap into remote receivers all
> around the world to hear better in specific geographic areas.
> Transmissions were loud enough but clear hearing was the problem-- fixed by
> using remote tune-able receivers. Practice was secret.
>
> -Lately, both transmit and receive were made remote. This has the obvious
> benefit of being closer, louder, hearing better, etc., especially if
> switching around to more than one remote station. You want Europe clear,
> dial up a station that produces that; you want VK, dial up a different
> station that wks gud into VK. Keep secret that you are using your call
> sign in places outside of your call sign entity/nation.
>
> -Now, RemoteHamRadio company takes away the secret and provides some
> control over practice described just above.
>
> -Immediately, as cited by Glenn, W0GJ, on K1N, somehow-- probably via a
> remote station that will be loud to K1N--a loud call gets the K1N op's
> attention, but then when the actual contact is made, the transmitted signal
> is weaker. The suggestion is that a remote station is used to get the
> partial or whole call sign acknowledged and then the actual contact goes on
> from a much less effective station location. This must be secret, too?
>
> Remotes have overturned old fashioned ham radio to the point, like the
> Internet, where anyone can appear to be anywhere with no trace of the
> facts. Seems national borders are obsolete in the new ham radio.
>
> --
> Charly, HS0ZCW

Charly, HS0ZCW