Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO VE8DAV?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSO VE8DAV?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:49:45 -0300
Hi Art,

I hope I can understand where you are going, but respectfully, I must
scratch my head.

So you say (jn part) that  ".In SS SSB 2014 my only NT QSO -- for the Sweep
-- was with VE8DAV, but I'm

not sure that I copied his NR correctly.."

So, you are now using the Internet to complete (or verify) the QSO so you
can sleep at night, knowing your mug award is "real".

In most contests, they say that everything must take place "on the air"..no
post contest log scrubbing, emailing guys to make sure they got your
exchange OK or whatever.

I am not sure I see the logic.  You either know you made the Q at the time
or not.  If you are not sure, then I propose the QSO is not good.

I know I will have naysayers, but if I had a QSO like that, I would consider
it NG.

If in fact VE8DAV now OK's the QSO ~5 months later by email, then by luck or
happenstance the QSO turned out to be good, then the mug is OK, otherwise,
you put it out in a yardsale or toss into the trash?

And no, I am not a cynic or trying to start a fight----far from it----..I am
just trying to see the reasoning...If you weren;'t sure, you should've asked
again, or come back later and dupe him to be certain.1

Respectfully,

73 Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB