Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:29:50 -0300
I think Rick means posting ongoing live scoreboards, not post-test 3830
results scores, right Rick?

Let's be clear.

Of 3830, I have this to say:

I love it !  I can air my beefs, tribulations, trials and triumphs..I always
try to put something into my 3830 report.

You'll notice (or not) that often in the larger and/or more popular
contests, my posts are lengthy, humourous and/or sarcastic (to a point).

For the ARRL-10 the past couple years I've written Xmas stories.

As far as: the cqcontest.ru live scoreboard ; is that what you mean?  I
tried it once or twice, when it was run by W1VE (not the Russians) and

after using it for some time, I didn't like the idea.  I felt my
competition, such as it is, could see what I was doing and or I could see
them. Not assistance per se, but close enough imo.

For most contests, I go UNassisted, so I am not able to check the DX
clusters to see what my competition is doing.  (that's the way I like it.)

Yes, it's a horse race and there's no doubt in anyone's mind that NQ4I does
exceedingly well, but put the shoe on the other foot Rick.  Have you
considered this:

If NQ4I was 100w and a vertical, would you want to see yourself getting
trounced by your neighbour with a Stacks and a kW ?

Maybe for the large M/M's, M/2's or M/S's where it has a social event aspect
I can see the allure, but personally I don't want to see the large " locals"
bang me into the ground all weekend.

I'd rather look post-test and see how I did :

A)  against my previous scores

B)   against others in my area and category/power level, comparable
antennas.

I don't need reminded that I am getting pummeled every minute for 48 hours
straight. (yes, I know it's broken out by category..but still my points have
been made)

Always nice to work NQ4I by the way.

Mike VE9AA.often 100w and a vertical

Mike, Coreen & Corey