Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 09:53:41 -0600
Randy,

You answered that question like a politician  :-)

Are you saying that the unusually large number of checklogs were submitted as checklogs, or did they result in checklogs from some kind of "plea deal?"

Barry W2UP

On 5/3/2015 08:01, Randy Thompson K5ZD wrote:
The concept of CHECKLOG has existed for many years.  It is a log that is
submitted to help the log checking process, but the entrant does not want their
score to be included in the results.

>From the CQ WW rules at http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

"V. ENTRY CATEGORIES:
D. Checklog: Entry submitted to assist with the log checking. The entry will not
have a score in the results and the log will not be made public."

You enter this category by using
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: CHECKLOG
in your Cabrillo file.

Most contests accept Checklogs.

The Checklog category has been used by some contest administrators as a place to
"park" logs that don't meet the rules for some reason.  That is not a practice
used by the current CQWW administration.

Randy, K5ZD