[CQ-Contest] multi "one" class

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] multi "one" class
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 05:49:33 -0400
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>

To: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@ptd.net>

Cc: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] multi "one" class

"I dare say the largest category of contest participation now and for the

future will be two OLD guys getting together at one of their shack where

they operate

ONE radio, one amp, one set of antennas, no use of remote stations nor

remote receivers, but do use computer logging, unassisted."

Charly, From all the data I see, by far the largest category of contest
participation globally is single operator, more low power than high power,
with pretty even split of assisted and non assisted.

But there is nothing stopping the radio contest community from having
parallel categories from the scores.  Ask like minded groups to indicate
such in the soapbox line and promote the category.  You could even hand  out
your own plaques for it.

The radio contest is an opportunity to get on and have fun and compete.  The
winners can be defined from the dataset after the fact depending on category
selected.  How you compete is obviously important while the contest is
running, so the key is to put the efforts into making sure that a bunch of
like minded groups are all doing it the same way through pre contest
communication.

Ed  N1UR