Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.
From: "LB3RE \\\"RAG\\\" Stein-Roar Brobakken" <post@lb3re.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:25:15 +0200
This is also follow up by violation of several illegal out of band QSO too,
IARU bandplan in Region 1 stop on 7200 Khz.... If radioamateurs gonna get new
frequencies, we cant keep on operate outside our bands....

---Sent by iphonewww.lb3re.com op: RAGregardsStein Roar Brobakken
e-mail:post@lb3re.comLB3RE K3RAG ex: LA6FJATelephone +47 48 22 44
21----------------------------------http://la5o.wordpress.comwww.contesting.no

Randy,

There is a lot you are doing for the "sport" that is great work.

However, whether we like it or not, we have an unwritten rule that basically
says "We may subjectively choose who we "believe" broke the rules, even without
absolute proof.  We can choose whether or not to disqualify the entry, request
that the accused submit evidence in attempt to prove innocence and still
subjectively choose whether to disqualify the entrant regardless of proof
submitted".

I'm in the camp of....I don't like it.

A quote from Caddy Shack comes to mind but wouldn't be politically correct in
this particular instance.

In my opinion, it would be better if the subjectivity of these types of
decisions was eliminated from the process.  There are several ways that I can
think of to know with near 100% certainty that someone was using assistance
other than that provided by a band scope and a directive antenna.  They would
use an objective, software analysis of every single operator log.

Now we are adding another subjective area for possible DQ - signal quality
without definition of what constitutes a bad signal or duration of the problem
during a 48 hour contest.  I can think of two instances in recent history where
prominent, high profile stations had a serious problem and have concern that
the subjective decision making process would come into play while others were
penalized.

OK, this Caddy Shack reference/metaphor is alright.

The thing no "decent, upstanding member of a society" wants is for anyone to
ever have fear of entering a contest because the rules are adjudicated with a
lot of subjectivity while other gophers seemingly dig with impunity.

73...Stan, K5GO

> On May 6, 2015, at 11:06 PM, Randy Thompson K5ZD <k5zd@charter.net> wrote:

> Dmitry,

> It appears you are not receiving the emails that I am sending to you.  Since

> you are reading the cq-contest reflector, I will attempt to use this path to

> reply to you.

> Below is the email I sent on March 6 notifying you of the disqualification

> of your TO7A entry.

> I had also sent an email on Feb 1 asking for recordings of portions of your

> log.  Perhaps you did not receive it.

> I also replied to your email from May 3, but that must not have made it

> through either. Do you have another email address that would be more

> reliable?

> 73,

> Randy, K5ZD

>>> DQ'd.